The BVIs are OPEN starting December 1. As you know, it’s been a challenging year for all of us. Our Waypoints® BVI destinations have been working hard to plan for this charter season to keep everyone as safe as possible while allowing them to enjoy an amazing vacation.
BVI Re-Entry Protocols for December 1, 2020 Opening
Our Waypoints® concierge, Susan Restauri, had been working closely with our onsite team and is prepared to answer your booking questions and to help you navigate through the entry protocols. Call or email us and we will help you plan the vacation you deserve!
- Before you arrive, get a certified PCR negative test within five days prior to arrival if you are from low-risk countries; and within three days prior to arrival if you are from medium to high-risk countries.
- Ensure your medical insurance includes coverage for COVID-19.
- Make sure to visit the BVI Gateway Online Portal to upload your test results and receive your BVI Gateway Traveler Authorization Certificate. Now you are ready to board your flight to the BVI!
- Upon arrival at the Welcome Center at your port of entry, officials will perform health screening including a temperature check and PCR test. You will then take “approved” transportation to your yacht.
- Once aboard, you will be kicking back and relaxing from Day 1. You can sail, swim and snorkel all day within our territorial waters, spending restful nights at one of the several approved mooring sites, which will be covered in your briefing.
- On Day 4, the final PCR-test that returns negative will allow you to enjoy all that BVI has to offer on your BVI LOVE sailing adventure.
Other useful information
- Costs on arrival: $175 per person – includes 2 PCR tests and smartphone app/tracking bracelet.
- Don’t damage the bracelet – you will be charged $125 for a replacement.
- Children under 5 years will not be tested.
Whether you’re interested in bareboat or all-inclusive, we have the charter you’ve been dreaming of.